|1492 Conquest of Paradise|
Promotional film poster
|Directed by||Ridley Scott|
Mimi Polk Gitlin|
|Written by||Roselyne Bosch|
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
|Release date(s)||October 9, 1992 (USA)|
|Running time||142 min.|
|Budget||$47,000,000 US (est.)|
Despite its average box office intake, the film's score by renowned composer Vangelis became a successful album worldwide.
Matchlock Musket- the only weapon in the movie
The story tells of Christopher Columbus's (Gérard Depardieu) discovery of the New World and its effect on the indigenous people, starting with his solicitation of Queen Isabella (Sigourney Weaver) to gain the necessary funding.
- Gérard Depardieu as Christopher Columbus
- Sigourney Weaver as Queen Isabella
- Armand Assante as Sanchez
- Loren Dean as Older Fernando
- Ángela Molina as Beatrix
- Fernando Rey as Marchena
- Michael Wincott as Adrian de Moxica
- Tchéky Karyo as Pinzon
- Kevin Dunn as Captain Mendez
- Frank Langella as Santangel
- Mark Margolis as Bobadilla
- Kario Salem as Arojaz
- Billy L. Sullivan as Fernando (at age 10)
- John Heffernan as Brother Buyl
- Arnold Vosloo as Guevara
- "No matter how long you live, Sanchez, there is something that will never change between us. I did it. You didn't." Depardieu as Columbus.
- 1492: Conquest of Paradise, original score by Vangelis
- Christopher Columbus: The Discovery, another film about Columbus released in 1992.
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original article was at 1492: Conquest of Paradise. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with MOVIEPEDIA, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons .|