|An American Tail: Fievel Goes West|
Original theatrical release poster
|Screenplay by||Flint Dille|
|Story by||Charles Swenson|
|Music by||James Horner|
|Editing by||Nick Fletcher|
|Distributed by||Universal Pictures|
|Release date(s)||November 22, 1991|
|Running time||74 minutes|
An American Tail: Fievel Goes West is an animated film produced by Steven Spielberg's Amblimation animation studio, distributed by Universal Pictures, and originally released to movie theatres in 1991. The film follows the story of a family of Jewish-Russian mice who emigrate to the Wild West. In the movie, Fievel Mousekewitz is separated from his family as the train approaches the American Old West; the movie chronicles Fievel and Sheriff Wylie Burp teaching Tiger how to be a dog. Fievel Goes West is the sole theatrical sequel to 1986's An American Tail, although there were later two direct-to-video sequels, the first of which, An American Tail: The Treasure of Manhattan Island, treated Fievel Goes West as a dream sequence, thus retconning it; this treatment of the original displeased some fans.
- Fievel Mousekewitz (voiced by Phillip Glasser): A little mouse with a cowboy hat on his head.
- Tanya Mousekewitz (voiced by Cathy Cavadini): Fievel's sister.
- Mama & Papa Mousekewitz (voiced by Erica Yohn and Nemehiah Persoff): Fievel's parents
- Yasha Mousekewitz (not voiced): Fievel's baby sister.
- Tiger (voiced by Dom DeLuise): The only cat friend of the Jewish-Russian mouse family.
- Miss Kitty (voiced by Amy Irving): Tiger's girlfriend.
- Wylie Burp (voiced by James Stewart): The aging lawdog of Green River, and Fievel's idol.
- Cat R. Waul (voiced by John Cleese): Fievel's nemesis.
- Chula the Tarantula (voiced by Jon Lovitz): Fievel's other nemesis, and Cat R. Waul's sidekick.
- Unusually, this film opened theatrically in the United States on the same day as another animated feature, Disney's Beauty and the Beast; both opened on November 22, 1991.
- The film contains James Stewart's last performance before his death.
- The Frankie Laine song Rawhide is played at the tumbleweed scene of this film.
Soundtrack album track listingEdit
- Dreams to Dream (Finale Version) - Linda Ronstadt
- American Tail Overture (Main Title)
- Cat Rumble
- Headin' Out West
- Way Out West
- Green River/Trek Through the Desert
- Dreams to Dream (Tanya's Version) - Cathy Cavadini
- Building A New Town
- Sacred Mountain
- The Girl You Left Behind - Cathy Cavadini
- In Training
- The Shoot-Out
- A New Land/The Future