Deadpool is a 2016 American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics character "Deadpool." Directed by Tim Miller, with a screenplay by Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, the film stars Ryan Reynolds, Morena Baccarin, Ed Skrein, Gina Carano, and T.J. Miller. Deadpool is technically the eighth installment in the X-Men film series after X-Men: Days of Future Past. The film was released in North America on February 12, 2016.
Wade Wilson (Ryan Reynolds) is a former Special Forces operative who now works as a mercenary. His world comes crashing down when evil scientist Ajax (Ed Skrein) tortures, disfigures and transforms him into Deadpool. The rogue experiment leaves Deadpool with accelerated healing powers and a twisted sense of humor. With help from mutant allies Colossus and Negasonic Teenage Warhead (Brianna Hildebrand), Deadpool uses his new skills to hunt down the man who nearly destroyed his life.
- Ryan Reynolds as Wade Wilson / Deadpool
- Morena Baccarin as Vanessa Carlysle
- Gina Carano as Angel Dust
- T. J. Miller as Weasel
- Brianna Hildebrand as Negasonic Teenage Warhead
- Ed Skrein as Francis / Ajax
- Although Ryan Reynolds portrayed Wade Wilson in the 2009 film X-Men Origins: Wolverine, this film aims to depart from that vision of Deadpool, in favor of a more true-to-comics version.
- Deadpool wear the costume similar to the one featured in Marvel Comics.
Promotion, Filming, and Concept artEdit