Django Unchained is a 2012 film directed by Quentin Tarantino. It stars Jamie Foxx in the title role. It follows Django as he attempts to free his wife Broomhilda (Kerry Washington) from slavery with the help of his benefactor, bounty hunter Dr. King Schultz, played by Christoph Waltz.
Django Unchained is set in the Old South, and follows Django (Jamie Foxx), a freed slave who treks across America with the German dentist turned bounty hunter Dr. King Schultz (Christoph Waltz). The unorthodox Schultz is after the Brittle brothers, and he acquires Django to help him catch them dead or alive, after which he promises free Django. Furthermore, Schultz promies to help retrieve Django's wife Broomhilda (Kerry Washington) from the charming but sadistic Francophile plantation owner Calvin Candie (Leonardo DiCaprio) and his entourage of ruthless slavers. Candie's plantation, known as "Candyland", where slaves are forced to kill one another in gladiator-style bouts known as "Mandingo fights." Django and Schultz enter the compound under false pretenses to search for Broomhilda, but soon arouse the suspicion of Stepen (Samuel L. Jackson), Candie's trusted house slave. After that, they must choose between independence and solidarity, and between sacrifice and survival in order to escape safely with Broomhilda.
- Jamie Foxx as Django, a freed slave searching for his wife.
- Kerry Washington as Broomhilda, Django's wife.
- Christoph Waltz as Dr. King Schultz, a bounty hunter who assists Django.
- Leonardo DiCaprio as Calvin Candie, the ruthless plantation owner who owns Broomhilda.
- Samuel L. Jackson as Stephen, Candie's trusted house slave.
- RZA as Thaddeus (rumored)
- M.C. Gainey as Big John Brittle
- Don Johnson as Spencer Gordon Bennet AKA "Big Daddy", a plantation owner.
- James Remar as both Ace Speck and Butch Pooch. Ace is a slave owner who purchases Django while Butch is Candie's bodyguard.
- James Russo as Dicky Speck, a slave owner who purchases Django.
- Anthony LaPaglia as Roy
- Michael Bowen as Tracker
Waltz dislocated his pelvis bone while training for the film.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt - Decided not to be in Django Unchained so he can work on his directorial debut, Don Jon's Addiction. 
- Kurt Russell as Ace Woody, who trains slaves that battle for entertainment. He replaced Kevin Costner in the role, but later left the film. Rumors say that Russell and Tarantino did not see eye-to-eye on how his character should be portrayed.