Epic is an 3D computer animated fantasy-adventure comedy film based on William Joyce's children book The Leaf Men and the Brave Good Bugs. It is being produced by Blue Sky Studios, and directed by Chris Wedge, the director of Ice Age and Robots. The film is scheduled to be released on May 24, 2013.
The film is described as a "battle deep in the forest between the forces of good and evil", and tells a story of a teenage girl who finds herself in a secret world, where she must help a team of fun and whimsical characters to save their world, which also saves the real world. 
- Beyoncé Knowles as Queen Tara
- Colin Farrell as Ronin
- Josh Hutcherson as Nod the love interest of Mary Katherine.
- Amanda Seyfried as Mary Katherine Bomba's daughter and the main protagonist of the film.
- Christopher Waltz as Mandrake leader of the Boggans and also the main antagonist.
- Aziz Ansari as Mub a slug who hits on M.K and the deurtagonist.
- Pitbull as Bufo a tough Toad and the teritary antagonist.
- Jason Sudeikis as Bomba
- Steven Tyler as Nim Galuu
- Blake Anderson as Dagda Mandrake's son and the secondary antagonist.
- Judah Friedlander as Larry
- Chris O. Dowd as Grub a snail and the triagonist.
- In 2006, it was reported that Chris Wedge will direct for Fox Animation an animated feature film based on the William Joyce's book, The Leaf Men and the Brave Good Bugs. Joyce, who had already collaborated with Wedge as a designer and producer on the 2005 film Robots, was set to produce the film. At one point, Wedge got permission to find a new home for the film and turned to Pixar, led by John Lasseter, whom Wedge knew from working on Tron. But when they tried to close the rights for the film, Fox changed their mind.
- The film was officially greenlit in 2009, under the title Leaf Men.
- In May 2012, Fox announced new title for the film – Epic, its first cast, and a plot, somewhat different from the book, where bugs summon the Leaf Men to help them defeat the evil Spider Queen and her goblins.