|Fun and Fancy Free (1947)|
Jack Kinney (animation)|
Bill Roberts (animation)
Hamilton Luske (animation)
William Morgan (live-action)
|Produced by||Walt Disney|
|Music by||Oliver Wallace|
|Studio||Walt Disney Productions|
|Distributed by||RKO Radio Pictures|
|Release date(s)||September 27, 1947|
|Running time||22 min.|
Fun and Fancy Free is a 1947 feature film produced by Walt Disney Productions and released by RKO Radio Pictures. It was one of the "package films" (feature-length compilations of shorter segments) that the studio produced in the 1940s. It is the ninth animated feature in the Walt Disney animated features canon. As the featurettes were originally planned to be made as full-length features, but because of the studio's circumstances at the time, they ended up becoming a part of the package films instead.
| Spoiler warning: The following contains plot details about|
the entire movie.
- Jiminy Cricket and Willie the Giant appeared during the live-action segments; the animated characters were added into the scenes using special effects.
- Both The Cold-Blooded Penguin and Mickey and the Beanstalk.
- Although they were not made into individual full-length features, they did air as individual episodes on the anthology TV series in the 1970s and 90s. The "Beanstalk" segment in particular aired on one 1967 episode, which had new introductory segments and narration by Edgar Bergen replacing those with Bergen They were also released individually on video, as well as together.
- One song used in the film, "I'm a Happy-Go-Lucky Fellow", was originally written for Pinocchio (which also starred Jiminy Cricket), but was scrapped from that film.
- It was believed "Mickey and the Beanstalk was the last time Walt Disney voiced Mickey but according to 3rd voice of Mickey Wayne Allwine, this was when Jimmy MacDonald took over.
- Cliff Edwards - Jiminy Cricket
- Edgar Bergen - Charlie McCarthy; Mortimer Snerd; Narrator (Mickey and the Beanstalk)
- Walt Disney - Mickey Mouse
- Clarence Nash - Donald Duck
- Pinto Colvig - Goofy
- Billy Gilbert - Willie the Giant
- Anita Gordon - Singing Harp
- Dinah Shore - The Narrator (The Cold-Blooded Penguin)
- List of animated feature films
- List of Disney films