Inception is a sci-fi action flick that came out in 2010. It's written and directed by Christopher Nolan, who came up with the idea for the film ten years prior to its release.
This plot section is in need of expanding, you can help.
In a world where technology exists to enter the human mind through dream invasion, a highly skilled thief is given a final chance at redemption which involves executing his toughest job to date: Inception.
- Leonardo DiCaprio as Dom Cobb, a professional thief who specializes in conning secrets from his victims by infiltrating their dreams.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Arthur, Cobb's partner who takes "point" during jobs and is responsible for researching the team's targets.
- Ellen Page as Ariadne, a graduate student of architecture who is recruited to construct the various dreamscapes, which are described as mazes.
- Tom Hardy as Eames, a sharp-tongued associate of Cobb's.
- Ken Watanabe as Mr. Saito, a businessman who employs Cobb for the team's mission, and insists on joining them inside.
- Dileep Rao as Yusuf, a chemist who formulates the drugs needed to sustain the dream states.
- Cillian Murphy as Robert Michael Fischer, the heir to a business empire and the team's target.
- Tom Berenger as Peter Browning, Robert Fischer's godfather and fellow executive at the Fischers' company.
- Marion Cotillard as Mallorie "Mal" Cobb, Dom Cobb's projection of his deceased wife and a frequent, malevolent presence in his dreams.
- Pete Postlethwaite as Maurice Fischer, Robert's dying father.
- Michael Caine as Prof. Stephen Miles, Cobb's mentor and father-in-law, and Ariadne's college professor who recommends her to the team.
- Lukas Haas as Nash, an architect in Cobb's employment who is replaced by Ariadne.
- Talulah Riley as Blonde
- Miranda Nolan plays a minor role as an air hostess. Miranda is a first cousin to the film's director Christopher Nolan.