|Now You See Me 2|
|Directed by||Jon M. Chu|
|Screenplay by||Ed Solomon|
|Music by||Brian Tyler|
|Editing by||Stan Salfas|
K/O Paper Products|
|Distributed by||Summit Entertaiment|
June 6, 2016|
(New York City)
June 10, 2016
|Running time||129 minutes|
|Box office||$53.9 million|
Now You See Me 2 is a 2016 American caper thriller film directed by Jon M. Chu and written by Ed Solomon. It is a sequel to the 2013 film Now You See Me and it stars Jesse Eisenberg, Mark Ruffalo, Woody Harrelson, Dave Franco, Daniel Radcliffe, Lizzy Caplan, Jay Chou, Sanaa Lathan, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman. It was released on June 10, 2016 by Summit Entertaiment.
After fleeing from a stage show, the illusionists (Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson) known as the Four Horsemen find themselves in more trouble in Macau, China. Devious tech wizard Walter Mabry (Daniel Radcliffe) forces the infamous magicians to steal a powerful chip that can control all of the world's computers. Meanwhile, vengeful FBI agent Dylan Rhodes (Mark Ruffalo) hatches his own plot against Thaddeus Bradley (Morgan Freeman), the man he blames for the death of his father.
- Jesse Eisenberg as J. Daniel "Danny" Atlas
- Mark Ruffalo as Agent Dylan Rhodes / The Fool: Former FBI agent, and leader of The Four Horsemen.
- Woody Harrelson as Merritt McKinney and Chase McKinney
- Dave Franco as Jack Wilder
- Daniel Radcliffe as Walter Mabry
- Lizzy Caplan as Lula May
- Jay Chou as Li
- Sanaa Lathan as Agent Natalie Austin
- Michael Caine as Arthur Tressler
- Morgan Freeman as Thaddeus Bradley: Secret leader of The Eye.
- Henry Lloyd-Hughes as Allen Scott-Frank
- Ben Lamb as Owen Case
- David Warshofsky as Agent Cowan
- Tsai Chin as Bu Bu
- Richard Laing as Lionel Shrike: A magician who drowned while performing an escape trick thirty years earlier; revealed to be Dylan Rhodes' father.
Now You See Me 2 has received mixed reviews from critics. On Rotten Tomatoes, the film has a rating of 34%, based on 113 reviews, with an average rating of 4.9/10. The site's critical consensus reads, "Now You See Me 2 packs in even more twists and turns than its predecessor, but in the end, it has even less hiding up its sleeve." On Metacritic, the film has a score of 48 out of 100, based on 30 critics, indicating "mixed or average reviews". Audiences polled by CinemaScore gave the film an average grade of "A–" on an A+ to F scale, the same score earned by its predecessor.