Quartet is a comedy drama film directed by Dustin Hoffman, based on the play by Ronald Harwood. The film stars Maggie Smith, Tom Courtenay, Pauline Collins and Billy Connoly as retired Opera singers who annually put on a concert to celebrate Verdi's birthday, however the arrival of Jean disrupts the equilibrium.
It was filmed in its entirety at Hedsor House, Buckinghamshire in Autumn 2011.
Cissy, Wilf and Reginald are all retired members of an operatic quartet, living in Beecham House, who put on a concert on Verdi's birthday every year. However the arrival of the fourth member of the quartet, and Reg's ex-wife, Jean, results in old rivalries and theatrical temperaments and it becomes unclear if the show will or will not go on.
- Maggie Smith as Jean Horton
- Tom Courtenay as Reginald
- Pauline Collins as Cissy
- Billy Connolly as Wilf
- Michael Gambon as Cedric Livingstone
- Luke Newberry as Simon
- Sheridan Smith
- Jumayn Hunter as Joey
- Eline Powell as Angelique
- Denis Khoroshko as Driver Tadek
- Shola Adewuse as Sheryl
- Patricia Loveland as Letitia
- Dame Gwyneth Jones as Ann Langley
- Colin Bradbury as Olly Fisher
- Cynthia Morey as Lottie