Sagan om Karl-Bertil Jonssons julafton (Template:Lang-en) is a 1975 Swedish animated short film directed by Per Åhlin, adapted from Tage Danielsson's short story of the same name, telling the tale of a boy who steals Christmas gifts from the wealthy to give to the poor people of Stockholm while working in a post office on Christmas Eve. The film has gained huge popularity in Sweden, and is broadcast every Christmas Eve on Swedish and Norwegian national television. It is also often shown on Christmas Eve by FST in Finland.
The film was dubbed to English into 1987, with Bernard Cribbins as the voice-over.
- Tage Danielsson as Narrator
- Per Andrén as Karl-Bertil Jonsson
- Toivo Pawlo as Tyko Jonsson
- Marianne Stjernqvist as Mrs Jonsson
- Åke Fridell as H.K. Bergdahl
- Catrin Westerlund as Mrs Bergdahl
A Swedish debate about the tale's moral nature has sparked every few years ever since SVT started broadcasting it annually, with critics arguing that it is too political and that stealing isn't really on par with traditional Christmas spirit. Danielsson's response was that it is only a fairy tale and shouldn't be overanalyzed.
- ↑ Stymne, Joakim. "Tyko Jonssons julafton", Svenska Dagbladet, 2005-12-14. Retrieved on 2009-06-11. (in Swedish)
- ↑ Skarin, Anna. "Blondinbella: Karl-Bertil Jonsson är dåtidens AFA", Expressen, 2008-12-25. Retrieved on 2009-06-11. (in Swedish)
- ↑ Flakierski, Gregor. "Den alternativa julens Kalle Anka", Flamman, 2008-12-18. Retrieved on 2009-06-11. (in Swedish) [dead link]
- Template:Sfdb title
- Sagan om Karl-Bertil Jonssons julafton at the Internet Movie DatabaseTemplate:Short-animation-film-stub