Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi is an American epic space opera film written and directed by Rian Johnson. It is the eighth installment in the main Star Wars saga, tenth overall in the entire film series, and the second in the Star Wars sequel trilogy following Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015). The film, produced by Lucasfilm and distributed worldwide by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, stars Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong'o, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Gwendoline Christie, Andy Serkis, Benicio del Toro, Laura Dern, and Kelly Marie Tran. The film was released on December 15, 2017.
Some scenes, which required shooting at Skellig Michael in Ireland, took place during pre-production in September 2015, while principal photography began at Pinewood Studios in the United Kingdom in February 2016.
The final film in the sequel trilogy, Star Wars: Episode IX, is scheduled for release in 2019.
Continuing from star wars ep7 luke trains rey as a jedi. kylo ren kills snoke. kylo ren duals luke. kylo fail. luke die with the force.
- Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker and Dobbu Scay
- Carrie Fisher as General Leia Organa
- Adam Driver as Kylo Ren
- Daisy Ridley as Rey
- John Boyega as Finn
- Oscar Isaac as Poe Dameron
- Andy Serkis as Supreme Leader Snoke
- Lupita Nyong'o as Maz Kanata
- Domhnall Gleeson as General Hux
- Anthony Daniels as C-3PO
- Gwendoline Christie as Captain Phasma
- Kelly Marie Tran as Rose Tico
- Laura Dern as Vice Admiral Holdo
- Benicio Del Toro as DJ