The Land Before Time XI: Invasion of the Tinysauruses is a direct-to-video animated film in the The Land Before Time series.
In this installment, Littlefoot learns a lesson about telling lies, and all the Great Valley dinosaurs learn that importance and help comes in all shapes and sizes. At first, Littlefoot makes friends with some tiny longnecks (the Tinysauruses). He gives them a type of tree called a sweet treat tree. Because the other dinosaurs of the Great Valley were displeased with the goings on, Littlefoot blamed everything on the tinysauruses instead of telling the truth. Then Cera's father declares that these creatures should be banished. Also, he is in love with another woman. At first, Cera doesn't get along with her, but they end up friends later on. Though Cera is able to stay awake after the long play night, the rest of them, including Littlefoot, can't stay awake. Later Cera's dad finds the hole for the little longnecks. Littlefoot explains that he was the one who fed them the sweet treat tree. Unfortunately, even though he stops the adults from burying the little dinos alive, an untimely avalanche covers the hole. The little dinos run into two "sharp teeth," bringing general mayhem to the Great Valley. Everyone, including the little longnecks, drives the spike teeth into a little cave, and then they cover the last remaining hole. They then decide to rise above their differences, learn lessons about telling the truth, and live happily ever after.
- Aaron Spann .... Littlefoot (voice)
- Jeff Bennett .... Petrie (voice)
- Aria Curzon .... Ducky (voice)
- Michael Clarke Duncan .... Big Daddy (voice)
- Miriam Flynn .... Grandma (voice)
- John Ingle .... Narrator/Cera's Dad (Topsy) (voice)
- Tress MacNeille .... Mom/Petrie's Mom (voice)
- Camryn Manheim .... Tria (voice)
- Kenneth Mars .... Grandpa (voice)
- Anndi McAfee .... Cera (voice)
- Ashley Rose Orr .... Dusty (voice)
- Rob Paulsen .... Spike (voice)
- Cree Summer
The songs are written by Michelle Bourman and Amanda McBroom. This is their latest and most criticized collaboration, resulting, in some fans' and parents' views, in bad songs and disrespectful messages to children.
- Creepy Crawlies
- Girls and Dads
- If Only (similar to Family from The Land Before Time VIII: The Big Freeze, but in the minds of Littlefoot and Grandpa Longneck)
- Stoopid Stompers (same tune as Creepy Crawlies, but in the minds of the Tinysauruses)
This installment is the most criticised of all the Land Before Time series. Most of the criticisms, however, come from parents. Many accused it of sending disrespectful messages to young children (e.g. disrespecting their fathers, bullying), while some found most of the characters are either out of character, little seen or little used. Some fans were generally disappointed that it didn't have the heart or charm of the series, and some found the story unbelievable. The usual criticisms of the series still remains (dumbing down, pointless songs, poor character design and animation, etc.) but despite these, the film still sold well.
- This was the first Land Before Time film to be released in January rather than December.
- This was the only Land Before Time film in which Aaron Spann voiced Littlefoot (Nick Price will be voicing Littlefoot in The Land Before Time XII: The Day of the Flyers).
- Michael Clarke Duncan, the voice of Big Daddy, was also the voice of Tug in Brother Bear.
Film series: The Land Before Time (1988) • The Great Valley Adventure (1994) • The Time of the Great Giving (1995) •
Journey Through the Mists (1996) • The Mysterious Island (1997) • The Secret of Saurus Rock (1998) • The Stone of Cold Fire (2000) • The Big Freeze (2001) • Journey to Big Water (2002) • The Great Longneck Migration (2003) • Invasion of the Tinysauruses (2004) • The Great Day of the Flyers (2006) • The Wisdom of Friends (2007)
Characters: Littlefoot • Cera • Ducky • Petrie • Spike • Chomper • Ruby (The Land Before Time)